Monday, January 25, 2010

Happy Birthday Baby Boy

It's hard to believe that one year ago, at 5:30 am on a Thursday morning, I went into labor. Of course I was in denial and told Husband to go ahead and go to work, I'd be fine. 5:30pm that evening, I was in so much pain, I (and my mom and Husband's mom) thought it would be a good idea to go to the hospital. Once I arrived, they told me my doctor was on her way and we'd have a baby in about 30 minutes. What? No. He's supposed to be here in 2 weeks, not today! I don't have everything ready. Well turns out, Baby doesn't care if you have everything ready or not. Here he comes. Husband was out of the room and I heard my doctor say that there was a rupture and she had to get Baby out RIGHT NOW. Thank god I already had drugs. By the time they got Husband ready to come into the room, Baby was halfway out. OF A HOLE IN MY STOMACH! Ugh. Scariest moment in my life. All I felt was a lot of tugging and pulling. Once Baby was out, and they were putting my guts back in, Baby was having trouble breathing so they took him to the nursery to do whatever they do to make him better. I vaguely remember telling Husband to go with the baby and being wheeled past our family to my room, crying because this whole thing was way bigger than anything I could wrap my brain around. Baby was fine. I was fine. Eventually the next day the morphine wore off and it felt like someone cut open my stomach and pulled a baby out. Ugh. Baby had a very hairy back and shoulders. That was funny. Lots of people visited. That was nice. Baby Jack Hudson Earl Brady was perfect. And brown with dark hair and tiny baby feet. I love baby feet. Still do.

So now, a year later, he's big and sweet and walks and talks to me and hugs me. This is a picture of him on the morning of his first birthday. He's not a morning baby.
Photobucket
We went to lunch with my mom and he tried to share his cracker with everyone who walked by.
Photobucket
We went grocery shopping and got stuff to make him cookies. He loves cookies.
Photobucket
Then we went to Toys'R'Us and bought some toys. He picked out a big Scooby Doo ball and a little Elmo ball. A few other things too.
Photobucket
The next day, we had a party for him at the train depot.
Photobucket
He rode his truck around to show off.
Photobucket
Olivia (Little Mariah Carey) was there.
Photobucket
All of his baby friends came- Olivia, Aimery, Jude, Peyton, Parker, and Audessey.
Photobucket
Baby Jack had his own guitar cake. He loves guitars, just like me.
Photobucket
He even shared with his cousin, Aimery.
Photobucket
Baby Jack walks now.
Photobucket
That night, Baby stayed with his grandparents and Husband and I went out with Taylor (my sis in law) for her birthday. Bradi, Natalie, Brittani, and Taylor.
Photobucket
Went to Edna's.
Photobucket
Had a few lunchboxes. Which are Coors Light with a shot of amaretto and a splash of orange juice. Sounds gross, tastes delicious.
Photobucket
These lovely ladies are Husband's sisters. Natalie and Taylor. It was a fun night.

Sunday was sleepy and slightly hungover. We went to see It's Complicated. I know. But I love Meryl Streep so I will not apologize. It was ok. Looked around at the Jeep dealership. Cuddled with Baby. The end of the weekend.

A good weekend.

♥ jp

No comments:

Post a Comment