Tuesday, September 27, 2011

in the wild.


Daydreaming.  I think about Jack waking up on the right side of his own bed at a reasonable hour of the morning.  He doesn't fight his diaper changes and better yet, he uses the potty every time he needs to go.  Blake makes breakfast for us (HAH!) while Jack plays and dances while watching Sesame Street.  My shampoo and conditioner wizardly gives me a fantastic cut and color.  My hair magically dries, brushes, and curls itself.  A fancy garment bag hangs in my bedroom, waiting to be opened.  OMG.  It's the cream colored Rag & Bone dress that I've been online lusting after.  Holy chicago.  Are those black and gold Lanvin heels?  Oh, daydream fairy, you are too kind.  Ding dong.  Who could that be?  Well, Justin Townes Earle!  If I had known you were coming, I would have cleaned up the house a little.  (wait, Husband already did!  perfect.)  Sure, let's play some songs together on the back porch and drink a couple of cold beers.  Wow, that was fun.  Jack even played a little drums for us.  I mean, I'll have to check my schedule but I'm sure I could play a few shows with you, Justin.  Well, it's getting late now.  I have a date with Husband tonight.  Oh my, we're going to dinner, just the two of us, with no baby???  This day just gets crazier and crazier.  I think we should go to a movie and just relax before we head to the airport.  All of our friends can just meet us at the gate since we're on the same flight.  Hawaii, here we come.  We may as well all get a little first class airplane drunk on the way.  Gosh, I'm sure glad Marc Jacobs packed my luggage, I can't wait to see what clothes and bags he sent.  Ahh!  Hawaiian sunset.  Aloha.

Meanwhile, in real life...
We have a new nephew!  His name is Maddox and he's a sweet, sweet baby.  Perfect baby.

Sigh.  Jack's been quite the moody little boy the past couple of weeks.  When he gets mad, he bites me or claws and pinches me.  Dude, it sucks.  I'm a very patient person but this is testing my limits.  We've got a lot going on right now so things are a little stressful.    



Jack, my sweetie pie, you need an attitude adjustment.  Please be nice to mommy when you get out of school today.  Everyone, send positive, happy vibes Jack's way.  (the pink binky is his reserve paci.  he only gets a bink when he's freaking out crying or napping.  you may roll your eyes at me and say he's too old for it but you know what?  life is short, people, so i say it's binky time.)



I've been slacking on posts in the past week.  Playing a solo show on Thursday so I've had to actually learn the lyrics to the songs I write.  Been working out, grocery shopping, cleaning, doing laundry, dishes, cooking breakfast, lunch, and dinner and working on photos.  I've started booking shoots again.  Go me.  I've got a couple of weddings and some family portraits coming up.  I'm excited about it.  







Man, I look pissed off in the pics.  Maybe i should smile more.  Or something.
















Guess what else happened this weekend?  I got a new car!  A Toyota 4Runner.  I love it.  LOVE IT.  
Going to work out for an hour and a half before I pick up the chicken from school.  
xo ♥ jp






No comments:

Post a Comment