Thursday, October 6, 2011

like lightning in my heart.


This room is by no means done but i finally decided on something for the walls.  I'd like to start hunting for a cool headboard, something with tufted velvet perhaps.  I love velvet, gold, vintage, sparkle, masculine with regal, feminine pieces, flashes of tiger, cheetah, or leopard print, chandeliers, charcoal and cream, displayed jewelry, fake fur throws, big pillows, and NO OVERHEAD LIGHTING.  I have always hated overhead lighting-  pendant, chandelier, recessed and track lighting excluded.  Can't wait to lay on the bed and watch HBO on a neatly mounted flatscreen on Sunday nights while eating popcorn and enjoying a completely finished bedroom.  (it's a lot brighter in the bedroom than the cave-like picture shows.)



Would I ever do the chevron print again?  You would have to pay me quite a bit to do that tedious measuring, taping, painting and painting again.  My back hurts, my hands hurt, my head hurts.



Yesterday I had a cut and color.  Just had a teeny bit trimmed because for now, I'm going to continue to grow it.  The cut looks and feels fantastic.  I like the color-  but i just like it alright.  I was looking for something a little more dramatic-  I mean, if you know me, you know I'm not scared of serious change when it comes to fashion and beauty.  Going in, my hair was already lighter at the tips, just a natural summer fade.  (pic above is after leaving the salon)  The gradient effect is very slight but very even, which shows skilled talent in a stylist, but soon I will probably try and do it myself.  Sometimes I don't communicate what I want very well I guess although I did bring pictures.  My weird medium-reddish brown natural color can be difficult to work with.  







Here are a couple of shots Husband took of me a week ago.

The Oh Johnny! Girls have been killing it lately and it feels good.  We had a great show last weekend.  A photographer came out to do photos for an article in next months Distinctly Oklahoma magazine and I'm excited to see them.  We've got a few things coming up, a show at the Blue Note on October 15th and we're playing on a moving vehicle at the Ghouls Gone Wild parade.  FUN.  





I'm excited for the weekend!  We're going to a movie tomorrow night and going to my in-laws on Saturday to watch the big OU/TX game.  They just finished a huge renovation/add on to their home and I'm super pumped to watch the game on a HUGE flatscreen, eat good fun, and play with babies.  Must plan Jack's OU outfit now.



I can't remember if I told you about my solo show thing.  It was fun.  It was weird.  I was nervous for the first time in years.  I had my PA system set up in my dining room and practiced here and there.  Jack loves the microphone.  He would sing his Night Night song before bedtime and look so satisfied and proud of himself.  My little heart feels so big when I see that look on his face.


A, B, C, D, Night night time!

Did you know you can make the alphabet song into a song about anything you want to?
Jack does.


♥ jp

No comments:

Post a Comment