Thursday, October 13, 2011

wild go.


"I'm going to the punkin patch with my class on Thursday."  says him.
First conversation of the day, barely awake, still trying to push snooze.
"It IS Thursday!"  says me.
Time to wake up- no chance of my just-10-more-minutes game.
Jack put on his new shirt, ate his breakfast, brushed his teeth, watched his dinosaur train show, rode his bike around the house, played with trucks, and helped me decide on what to pack for his lunch.
Ham, cheese, crackers, pineapples and strawberries, and cheerios.
He was feeling particularly handsome, staring proudly in the mirror, and declared it was picture time.
We went to his favorite photo location- the front porch.
He waved me away and said, "NOT YET!"
It was extremely important that he place a glittering Halloween sticker on his cheek.


"NOT YET!"


By the time we got to his class, his shirt was no longer tucked in and he had scooped up his favorite brown striped beanie hat.  
He still looked cute.
Put a dollar in his pock pock so he could buy a mini pumpkin to add to his rapidly growing collection of pumpkins.
I thought he was off to the start of a great day...
His teachers said he was aggressive and angry all day.
My sweetie pie?!
He's getting moved to an older kids' classroom in a couple of months and I think it will help a lot.
Sigh.



Made cupcakes for the boys yesterday.
I let Jack eat half of one before his dinner.
You can think I'm a bad parent all you want but sometimes the cupcake wins over dinner.



Playing a show on Saturday in OKC at the Blue Note.
The Oh Johnny! Girls, not solo.
New songs!
I wore the leather shorts at the last show and the gold ones the one before.
What to wear...  ?
What more is there.


Have a lovely Friday.
We'll be backyard camping.

"Can I bring my blankie?
Can I bring this pillow?
Can I take my binky?
Maybe I'll see stars in the big sky.
Can momma dada have a pillow?
I want two hot dogs and one mustard.
I want to make a big, big fire.
By myself."


No fire, my baby.
I have to draw the line somewhere.



♥ jp



No comments:

Post a Comment