Wednesday, July 13, 2011

jack, tracy, bear, & jake

It's funny the little people that come along and change your life. You don't want to go out and get drunk and party and instead you are excited to take them to get yogurt or a snowcone and watch Tangled while snuggling on the couch on a sweltering afternoon. You choose your restaurant destinations based on how well behaved the kid's been all day and what he wants to eat. When he gets sick, you'll drop any plans you might have been looking forward to just to hold him while he's sleeping and to take his temperature every 10 mins like a crazy person. He gets excited about a roly poly on the porch or when lightening bugs cruise the backyard at twilight and that is amazing.
I did something bad to my back 2 days ago while lifting Jack into his car seat. I thought surely I would feel better by today but it still hurts and I can't turn my head to the right without excruciating pain shooting down my back. I used to go to a chiropractor when this happened but it only made it worse so now I'm trying the tough-it-out/buck-up-cowboy method. It hurts to sit, stand or exist right now so I definitely haven't been working out. Fitness is something I look forward to, believe it or not.

I know I preach the Tracy Anderson Method, blah blah blah, but I swear it's changed my body and my mind. If I were more disciplined with the diet part of the program, I would be at my ideal size but is it worth it to give up mexican food and the occasional cheetos? For real- it's just in our (female) nature to be hard on ourselves for eating at that Mazzio's lunch buffet. But why? Life is short, people. Time flies by. Blah blah blah. That shit is true- and if you want to eat a donut or have a strawberry custard with caramel and bananas every so often, do it. I do and I try not to worry about it. I don't suggest eating like an asshole at every meal, but I think a few times a week is fine. Every few weeks, I actually follow the TAM diet for a little bit and by the weekend I'm back to where I was before Taco Bell and a few beers. My advice- quit stressing, eat the damn cupcake, and Tracy Anderson's Metamorphosis is the best $80ish bucks you'll ever spend on yourself.

Oh. Did anyone else watch Bear Grylls and Jake Gyllenhaal in Men vs Wild? Bear made a Brokeback joke when they dug out a snow cave to snuggle in together and they crossed a freezing river, shirtless. They pulled themselves across a ravine on a rope. A helicopter lowered 2 ropes and they held on and flew back to civilization. Hot men in the wilderness doing manly things? Yes, please. I have a total crush on that episode. Husband should be on that show.
Shorts are all I've been wearing lately. Why not have gold ones? I won't bore you with weather forecasts but this 108 degrees stuff sucks. Until it cools off, Jack and I will pretend the couch is a boat and go fishing, have dance parties or practice our somersaults on the living room floor. His 2 day a week baby school starts up again next week so he'll have fun seeing his friends again. This week is our week, me and him, fun all day.



I'll try to do this more- I go through phases. Why do people even blog? Like, what is that anyway? I like to share my daydreaming with people I guess. All 10 of you.
have a lovely day. ♥ jp

4 comments:

  1. 2 in a week? Yea! I have missed your posts and you and your munchkin bear. Oh, and I guess Blake too ;)You're a great mama bear and if (when) you do have another one it will be awesome. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read these so that's 11 of us haha

    The Matt aka anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read them also; ) I love hearing about baby bear Jack....

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally awesome mom. not to mention very hot. keep blogging. xo.

    ReplyDelete