Thursday, July 14, 2011

see the waves.

Husband insisted we buzz Jack's hair. I was against it but sometimes it's just better to let him do something harmless to see that I'm right 98% of the time. Jack has asked me for 2 days to put his hair back. He's still the most handsome boy in the world. Do I think my child is exceptionally good looking purely because he's my kid? It's possible but I doubt it. Strangers stop us in public and comment on how gorgeous he is. Other mothers have told me that they think their kids are cute but then they see Jack and are in awe of his cuteness. And then he speaks to them in that deep, booming voice of his and Jack has just won the Baby of Babies contest hands down. Don't tell him I said any of this, I don't want him to be spoiled and vain growing up.

I wish I had bought 2 of these shirts and maybe one in a different color. I wear it all the time. Favorite shirt. Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall. It's from the Gap.
Baby Jack and I spent the morning in Edmond visiting Grams. I read mail to her and brought her a cappuccino from Starbucks as usual. Jack ran around like a crazy person until I sat him down with a Handi-Snack- crackers with cheese dip- the one with the little red stick to spread the cheese? He was very impressed with this red stick and sat quietly dipping and eating for a few minutes. Jack likes pushing Grams' wheelchair to the dining hall and the residents like to see him run around the tables, squealing, laughing and yelling.

Muscle spasms in my right shoulder blade. Finally watched Inception and it's filtered into my dreams. I saw an owl in a tree in the middle of the day yesterday which is a bad sign. Saw my grandpa last night while I was sleeping. I've thought about picking up my guitar but haven't this week. I saw 3 baby kittens running around my back porch at night- GO AWAY, CUTE KITTENS, I CAN'T KEEP YOU!

♥ jp

2 comments:

  1. really jacks hair is pretty cute and yes, he is hands down handsome!! your pics are beautiful--i am positive he is the highlight of the day for the residents especially if he is giving high fives and knucks!! will remember to buy some red stick cracker snacks for pammy's house--the owl is wise and i am sure your grandpa was too hence seeing him--all kittens know you are a kitty lover and they come to you--catwoman, you look like her, very beautiful!! that is all--xo, pammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. hah! thanks, pammy. jack's hair is growing on me. that sentence sounds funny but you know what i mean. xo

    ReplyDelete