Monday, July 18, 2011

whales are like goldfish.



Jack misses Uncle Herby.  He carried this old picture of us around and fed him smarties and whales.

The weekend went by fast, didn't it?  I played model on Saturday while the boys went to the lake.  I have an upcoming post on the designer so don't forget to come back and check it out-  hopefully later this week.  Behind the camera is where I usually stay-  posing makes me uncomfortable most of the time-  but we shot on a gorgeous location, had mimosas, and I got to catch up with my girls and make new friends.  Lots of photos of the whole experience to come!


Husband and I went to dinner with his parents on Friday.  It was nice to have a meal with them without the baby there for a change.  Real conversation instead of us all trying to entertain him!  I was going to wear the outfit above but decided to wear a casual black tunic-y type t-shirt and nude heels.   It's too hot outside to get too dressy.

This is a shot of me at the last show I played.  We opened for Dick Dale and I had a lot of drama happen that night so that's why I didn't post anything about it.  I'm very happy to say-  all is perfect now.  I can hopefully be anxiety attack free for a while.  The people I play with are my family and we fight and pull hair just like you do with your siblings when you're 6 years old.  Musicians are a very specific breed and we're hard to deal with sometimes.  We're a little vain, we love attention, we're a little wild, and frequently have tunnel vision.  We fall down a lot, help each other up and become stronger than ever.  Sandy, Timmy, Benny-  I love you guys.  (no, i'm not drunk, this is for real talk.)

I wrote a new little tune last week and recorded it in a hurry so I wouldn't forget it.
Click HERE for a listen.

Did you notice I finally got around to building an about me page on the blog?  I swear I'll get around to my Tracy Anderson post.  I know more than 12 of you read this because I've had a lot more emails about the method than 12!
cheers to Monday.
♥ jp

1 comment:

  1. I love your outfit here, but if you changed it I'm sure that looked awesome, too...I don't know how you put yourself out there and give your music so much, but I think it's wonderful! I give musicians a lot of credit...I'm sure it's super stressful behind the scenes! xo~ Mary

    ReplyDelete