Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Kick It Down




My Christmas tree is still up, folks.  
I've been playing with my new toy.
You can listen to some songs and download them for free!
I am going to record at a real studio when I have the time.
Later this month or early February I'm hoping.
In the meantime-  my makeshift kitchen MacBook Air Garageband studio it is!
I'm writing new songs. 
I don't want to sound all singer/songwriter-y.
I mean, I think I always will a little bit but I don't want that to be my "genre."
Sometimes I think I want to find people to play with me.
Other times I remember that everyone who has ever played in a band with me says I'm difficult.
I think I'm a little bossy sometimes.
Or all the times.
It's just that I don't like wasting time, I just want to get down to bizniz.
I'm currently figuring out how to set up to play these songs by myself with my computer, keyboard, and guitar.
I'm thinking my ukulele needs to make an appearance at some point.
Or maybe I'll just record all the parts myself and leave it at that.
No shows.
We'll see.





And hey, Haters.
I didn't get a new guitar for Christmas.
I posted a picture of my brother's new, awesome guitar and people thought I got a new Gretsch.
I can barely play the one I have.
So thank you for calling me a spoiled brat.
I am spoiled.
I'm not denying it or apologizing for it. 
I also appreciate everything I have and I'm more worried about being a kind human and a good friend than I am about the mean things you say about me.


I've been struggling with relationships lately.  Some of my friends have expressed their jealousy of my lifestyle and I guess I don't understand what the hell that means.  I'm 30 years old.  I'm not playing who has the better whatever with anyone.  I refuse to feel bad that I have a new car and, you know, whatever else it is that makes people mad that I have.  Husband, Jack and I try to enjoy our life everyday.  Husband works very, very hard everyday- it's 24/7 at his job- and on top of that, we are really, really lucky.  We go out occasionally but mostly like to stay home, play with toys, watch Thunder games, cook, watch kids movies, and hang out with a few close friends.  That's what happens when you have a kid, you guys.  We're tired all the time.  Dude, we have a mortgage, piles of laundry, busy schedules, and we're currently in the middle of a potty training crisis.  In no way do I think my life (life with a kid) is more important than anyone else's life (life without a kid.)  It's just different.  So realize that and quit treating me like I'm a stuck up asshole.  I'm not.  I've only ever tried to be kind, caring, and non-judgemental towards the people I love and admire.  Lately it seems I've been mistaken about other people's view of my friendship.  I'm always here when you have problems and jobs and boys and girls to cry about-  but you know-  I'm here when you aren't crying and sad too.  I clean up poopy Jack diapers, ok?  I'm not here to clean up everyone else's shit.  

Thanks for listening, guys.  The last thing I wish to say about this is-  I'm happy.  So be happy for me.  I won't be here for you forever, my sweets.  

I think I need to get out more and make some new friends.  

That reminds me-  Ashley, my dear -  we need to sign up for yoga!  (I'm thinking maybe if I put it out there, in publictheinternetwhatever, I won't back out of it.)  


I'll get back to making sweet music magic.
Have a lovely day and remember to be thankful and kind.
Because it's just nice.


♥ jp



3 comments:

  1. I love the new kitchen set up! I have to find myself a spot in the new house to make into my private stay-the-hell-out studio. Also, so what if you had gotten a new guitar for Christmas? Haters gonna hate. Eff em. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. KB, I often tell Blair how I wish the two of you lived much closer. I think you two are alot alike and would enjoy each others company! And... by the way I love reading your blog! Keep it up going girl! You've got class no one can touch!

    ReplyDelete