Sunday, January 22, 2012

3 years and many adventures.


     In 2010, I wrote this about Jack's 1st birthday. In 2011, I was apparently a bad mommy and wrote nothing about it. He had animals come to his party last year and I have plenty of adorable photos so I have no idea why I never shared that stuff.  Oh, wait.  Sometimes I'm lazy.  Looking back on old blog entries, searching for something birthday-ish, I found this.  Amazingly, it answered a question I've been stressing over lately----->  What's next for Jack's hair?  

     Laugh, roll your eyes, whatever.  
Now go look at those pictures and tell me his hair isn't rad.
Seriously.
I'd like to grow it a little longer this time.



     Ok, so what's up with the the pictures in this post?  HE JUST LOOKS SO SAD.  Last week, as I recovered from strep throat, Jack came down with a virus.  His fever reached nearly 103 on and off for 4 straight days.  Not cool, Universe.  He didn't want to eat anything, he took his medicine without a fight, he slept a lot, he made Mommy worried.   At Jack's request, I made a pallet.  There was a glimmer of excitement in his eyes as I brought out the special tray (the get-a-long gang tv tray from my childhood) for his ice water, crackers, and chicken noodle soup. We watched the same movies over and over and over.  Because that's just what kids like to do. And of course, he wanted Mommy to hold him constantly.




     It's easy for me to remember how it felt to be sick and to want nothing more than to have my mom right there.  She would do special little things for me like make me lime sherbet topped with sprite.  I just felt so much better when she was taking care of me.  It makes me sad to see Jack so sick but my little heart can't help but burst every time he reaches over to hold my hand when he doesn't feel good.






     Yesterday (Sunday) was Jack's 3rd birthday. He had 2 amazing parties this weekend.  What wonderful friends and family we have.  I planned on doing a big, pretty birthday post for him but I'm currently sick.  This is what I think-  when your baby repeatedly sneezes directly in your face and/or wipes his snotty nose on your shirt, you do, in fact, get sick.  Jack and I have gone a little photo shoot crazy lately so I'll grace the virtual world with his insane adorability and tales of birthday adventures very soon.  



Shout out to my sister and Anthony for these awesome Woody house shoes.  
Err, house boots?
He wants to wear them everywhere.
Like the doctor's office.

jp

2 comments:

  1. in a selfish, weird way, we secretly love it when they're sick. of course we don't like them to be suffering and feeling bad, but they are so sweet and snuggly. it's worth it when we get sick because of it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that's awesome! Poor little guy though, he does look wiped out. So glad he has a nice Mommy to make him treats and schnuggle next to! xo ~Mary

    ReplyDelete