Thursday, March 22, 2012

baby.






Mommies are notorious for giving out advice to their pregnant friends.
(or to strangers.)
It's so annoying, i know!
I try not to do that, especially because every mom does things her own way.
You figure it all out with or without the advice of other parents.

Several friends of mine are currently pregnant and I've gotten a few inquiries as to what I would suggest first time parents need.
I'm no baby expert but I do know a lot of short cuts in life.
This shit is the bomb.com.
I didn't know about this for a month or two after Jack was born and it made life much more bearable.
We were exhausted and delirious.
Some babies like to eat every hour.
Some, every two.
24 hours a day.
Keep this thing by your bed.
You can make 2 bottles and put them in the cooler.
Baby wakes up at 3am?
There's already a bottle right there.
Pop it in the warmer.
Push the button.
BOOM.
Even if you breastfeed (i did) you can pump and daddy can wake up in the night and bottle feed the baby.
Everyone likes to do things differently, I'm just saying this is what worked for us.
My life-saver.

My other favorite thing- for mommies.
Duh, you know I love her.
Remember to take time for yourself or you will go crazy.
And my last piece of advice you probably don't want-
If people offer to help you out, take them up on it.
You want to do the dishes?
Sweet, thank you.
You want to hold the baby for an hour so I can sleep?
You are a live saver.



Did you know Tracy Anderson is pregnant right now?! 
Super cute.
And I hear she filmed a pregnancy workout video!

So anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing lots of new babies on facebook.
You think you won't start posting cute stuff about your kid 
but that's the funny thing about being a parent.
Shit's about to get real, you guys.

♥ jp

2 comments:

  1. LOL! you are too funny!
    I love these suggestions...not that I need them, but I can see how someone would.
    I sometimes wonder what people would think of me if I started a blog about my cat or started posting a picture of my pets for each one they posted of their kids. Kids...pets...they're both awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know at least 6 friends who are pregs right now! it's cray. i guess it's my age. people ask me about baby things quite a bit but i don't really know much but how to take photos of them. haha. i love pets so i think you should do it. i just don't have much else to ramble about. the kid. cooking. laundry. friends. music. the kid. the house. online shopping. the kid. cooking. etc.

    ReplyDelete