Wednesday, February 6, 2013

talkin in my sleep about you...




This afternoon Jack heard the song "A Bushel and a Peck" on a commercial. He dropped his Ninja Turtles and appeared shocked and amazed as he stared at the TV. "Mommy! It's were song!" (he pronounces the word "our" like "were" and I have no idea why.) It was the song my mama sang to me every night (along with Over the Rainbow) and now it's the song I sing to Jack. Sometimes he sings it to me out of the blue. Very sweet.



As a parent (who isn't completely delusional) I often find myself wondering if my kid is really as cute and gorgeous as I think he is, or do I think that because I'm his mom? The answer is absolutely yes- he is the cutest and most gorgeous/handsome boy in the world. Do you know how I know? Because I have eyes and I can see him. Your kid is probably really cute too.



Sure, you can call me obsessed or whatever but the truth is, Jack is my best friend. He makes me happy when skies are gray. We have fun together. We pretend, we snuggle, we fight, we color and draw, we go on adventures, we eat snacks, we talk about everything, we make special plans, we have inside jokes.



While Jack definitely has qualities of my personality and my husband's personality, he is his own little person. He changes every week. His legs get longer, he can count higher, he wants to know how to spell everyone's name, he draws little pictures with a crayon in a little tiny blank notebook that he keeps in a very specific place. He has a great sense of humor- very advanced for a 4 year old. Thank goodness he's 4 and can't be embarrassed by this blog yet. 











Hey, Jack. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!
love,
Obsessive Mommy


1 comment:

  1. I have eyes and can vouch that Jack is pretty much the cutest. Don't tell any of my six nephews I said that.

    ReplyDelete