Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Milestones.



Tomorrow is Husband's big 3-0 birthday.
Jack insists "No, it's not. It's MY bersday."
3 year olds are very concerned with what's theirs.
They don't really like sharing but sometimes will voluntarily and it will blow your mind.
3 year olds don't want to go into any store unless they get to pick something out for themselves.
They will pick out a tiny Ben and Jerry's ice cream and then decide at the checkout that they don't want it.
Hey dude.
IT'S SO FRUSTRATING.



Taking Jack to school has become a big ordeal.
It starts the night before.
He starts pleading to stay home with me.
He wakes in the morning and sweetly tells me it's Mommy Baby Special Day.
(because that's what I call the days he doesn't have school.)
"No, Baby, it's a school day." I say.
"I can't go. I'm sick. My tummy hurts." Jack says while eating a pop tart.
Please, dude. 
Give mommy a little more credit.
Getting him to brush his teeth and fix his hair has become even harder, which I thought was impossible.
He starts crying in the car.
When I push the code to get into his classroom, he whispers
"I'm about to freak out."
I'm not joking!
Every day for the last few weeks.
Walking towards the lunch box basket, tears start rolling down his scrunched up face.
Picking out a cubby to put his coat and "pack pack," he starts guilting me.
"NO MOMMY! DON'T LEAVE ME! I WANT TO GO WIS YOU! DON'T LEAVE ME MOMMY! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
I start to walk away and he screams for ONE MORE HUG!
I have to basically run out of the room.
I'm not going to lie, I have run straight to my car and cried before.
More than one time.
Yes, Baby. 
A freak out indeed.



This is the part where all you mothers give me advice.
Or something to make me feel better.
A drink, maybe?
Thanks.




A very hungry and sleepy baby = a growing baby.
Eating everything. 
Taking naps standing up.
Growing out of all his new jeans.









Took a quick little trip to Dallas with a couple of girlfriends just to get out of the house and to shop.
Before the trip: "Whatever I do, don't let me just shop for Jack clothes."
I failed.
I mostly bought stuff for Jack.
CUTE STUFF!



You like it.




Has anyone noticed Jack's hair?
I wanted to grow it long but it just fell in his eyes and I would pin it back with a bobby pin when no one was around.
He didn't appreciate it very much and loves his new haircut.


Hope all is well out there.
♥ jp



1 comment:

  1. There's nothing cuter, yes cuter!!
    Love pammy!

    ReplyDelete